Application Performance Engineer
- - IT
- Bloomington, MN, USA
- Full Time
Application Performance Engineer
At Vanco, our goal is to be the best in the world at specialized payment solutions for select industries and our focus is on meeting our clients' specialized payment needs. We provide the solutions that make it possible to accept credit, debit and other electronic payments securely, seamlessly and easily, benefiting our clients ... and those they serve.
Our technology leads the industry ... and our quality service sets us apart. Vanco's team of professionals are known for their drive, their dedication to what we do and their go-the-extra mile approach to service.
Vanco Values guide our relationships with clients, partners and each other, every day.
• Act with integrity
• Maintain transparency
• Focus on who we serve
• Create a positive workplace
We're able to attract top-level talent'and keep our valued employees happy'by providing a working environment that is productive, positive and professional. We work hard to maintain a culture that fosters teamwork, encourages excellence and inspires growth. And we're dedicated to empowering the people who help us help our clients succeed.
We are seeking an Application Performance Engineer to join our IT organization. This position will be responsible for integrating performance monitoring into our applications and providing dashboards to report performance. You will be collaborating across all functional areas of the IT organization to support our product excellence.
- Creating the approach for performance diagnostics and monitoring within Elastic Stack.
- Assess gaps in as-is monitoring tool capabilities and recommend tools to augment or replace.
- Understanding our application to assess performance risks and consider areas to apply past learning.
- Collaborating with project team to review and refine application NFRs, SLAs, & KPIs to create acceptance criteria and performance budgets necessary to measure, validate, and improve performance.
- Collaborating with developers to promote the concept of performance engineering during all phases of the SDLC to detect and correct performance issues earlier in the lifecycle.
- Monitoring application performance during performance tests or production usage with an APM and other monitoring tools to isolate the fault domain, dive deep into application code, and identify root cause of performance issues.
- Utilizing static code and dynamic code analysis to identify performance and maintenance concerns.
- Profiling application performance from end-user perspective to inventory performance concerns and suggest tuning opportunities across the application stack.
- Documenting performance findings and recommendations.
- Collaborate with other areas to re-architecture, redesign, and refactor applications to satisfy performance requirements.
- Developing dashboards and reports to provide ongoing visibility into the performance of client applications.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience with performance tuning, diagnostic or monitoring
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience performance diagnostics tools
- Minimum of 6 months of hands-on debugging and profiling Java, and Python code
- Minimum of 6 months of hands-on debugging web applications using HTTP proxy or browser-plugin tools
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Experience using ELK Stack for monitoring and reporting
- Hands-on experience collecting performance data, analyzing, troubleshooting, and tuning
- Hands on analysis, reverse engineering, debugging, and profiling Java code
- Hands on analysis, reverse engineering, debugging, and profiling Python code
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 144121