Meet Vanco - We are a software company who provides businesses, faith-based organizations, nonprofits, and educational institutions a complete range of payment solutions and administrative software. Our solutions make payment processing simple and ease administrative burdens for faith-based groups, nonprofits, and schools. We are a software payments company for community organizations, and every transaction tells a story.
At Vanco, we serve those who enrich our communities. An important part of who we are is our Vanco Values in Action. At Vanco, our employees:
* Clearly Care
* Own It
* Have Grit
Do you have a passion for outstanding writing and editing, creativity, content strategy and measurement to drive business impact for a digitally driven marketing team? Marketing content and strategy are critical to Vanco’s growth as a business. We are looking for an experienced candidate to take on the role generating large quantities of written pieces for discrete business lines at our fast-growing company that will touch 1 billion people this decade.
Vanco is excited to expand our Marketing team by adding a Content Writer to help us grow our business. This role can be based in either our Bloomington, MN office, our Atlanta, GA Office, or remote within the U.S. This individual will be an experienced writer who seeks to master their craft and enable us to achieve our lofty goals.
Our writer will be responsible for creating a variety of marketing materials that speak to different audiences. The right person for this role is a remarkable writer with a sharp eye for editing - and will be flexible enough to shift strategies on the fly. They must also be comfortable writing pieces ranging from marketing emails to social media, eBooks and employee communications, along with new types of content they originate. Curiosity and a positive attitude will be crucial traits in this role. We’re growing fast, and we need a writer who gets it right and enjoys the thrill of content-creation process. The writer must also be capable of accepting critical feedback and improving continuously as the Marketing Team’s needs change.
As a Marketing team, we are passionate about getting the right people on the bus. We focus hiring for a combination of expertise and experience, growth mindset, work ethic and a commitment to fun - we have high standards for talented team-players who want to do great work together. We believe in open communications, speaking truthfully and respectfully, owning our challenges and our opportunities, and putting in the sometimes painful work to get the job done right. Vanco is passionate about delivering differentiated products and services through a company culture that treats clients, partners and each other with the highest level of integrity and respect.
Role & Responsibilities
This position, reporting to the Marketing Content Manager, will be involved in a broad range of Content Marketing activities including:
- Write for print and digital - long and short form - including optimized web, email, and blog copy, white papers, eBooks, case studies and other projects as needed to support highly converting content marketing strategies
- Become and maintain subject matter expertise across our lines of business and the markets we serve
- Collaborate with content manager to develop and maintain a content strategy and editorial calendar that ensures we stay organized as we move with great speed.
- Collaborate with design team to develop and present creative concepts
- Collaborate with project managers to deliver projects on time and in scope
- Monitor the effectiveness of our content marketing strategy along with content team
- Collaborate with team to do appropriate A/B testing, iterative optimization and enhancement of ongoing content marketing and inbound marketing efforts
- Research industry news, trends and best practices to further develop content marketing expertise
- Expertise in social media and brand management
- Ability to write and develop social media posts (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) around designated themes for different audiences and promote our content and brand through social channels
- Schedule social media posts and create timely posts daily as the need arises
- Ability to grow social media following and reach
- Own social media for various brands; develop audiences and strategies for these channels
- Organization and planning; ability to understand and determine priorities, effectively manage time and develop personal work plans to accomplish tasks and/or projects
- Innovation and creativity; ability to generate and translate ideas for content into action
- Teamwork; ability to effectively participate and contribute as a member of a work group
- Communication; exceptional ability to clearly and persuasively organize and convey information through verbal and written form
- Oral comprehension; ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented verbally
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction in a fast-pace environment
- Experience with CMS, preferably HubSpot (must be able to provide examples of work)
- A level of comfort working with senior leaders on messages for internal and external audiences
- Curiosity in creating new strategies, learning from past strategies and trying novel approaches to achieve marketing goals
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree plus three to five years of experience in content marketing, agency copywriting, corporate communications or journalism
- Excellent copywriter who can capture brand voice within both short-form and long-form content
- High degree of creative and analytical thinking
- Ability to champion strategies and earn stakeholder buy-in
- An understanding of social media tools and using them in different ways for a variety of projects
- Successful collaborator with effective interpersonal skills
- Organized and effective project manager, able to juggle multiple priorities
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, fluid environment with minimal oversight
Job Reference #: 842970