End User Computing Engineer
At Vanco, we serve those who enrich our communities. Vanco provides businesses, nonprofits and educational organizations a complete range of payment solutions and administrative software. Our solutions make payment processing simple and ease administrative burdens for faith-based groups, nonprofits and schools. We are a software payments company for community organizations, and every transaction tells a story.
An important part of who we are is our Vanco Values in Action. At Vanco, our employees:
- Clearly Care
- Own It
- Have Grit
Have you heard about our growth at Vanco? Over the last 3 years, our team has nearly doubled. With our expanded Vanco team, we need to hire more End User Support Engineers to continue to provide best in class service to our employees.
We are looking for Support Engineers with excellent customer service skills that are committed to the user experience, loves helping people, is passionate about technology, enjoys problems solving and takes pride in their work! We have current openings in our brand-new Bloomington, MN office and in our Atlanta, GA office. We are also looking to add a Team Lead to our End User Computing team as well, which can be based in either location!
In this role, you are responsible for responding to and resolving help desk requests from employees who are in the Bloomington, MN office and those that work remotely on a global basis. This includes support of scripted desktop deployment automation, Windows and Mac desktops, and telecommunications. This position works within our IT Infrastructure team and will troubleshoot and resolve internal requests for all employees and all types of requests.
This is a FTE role that includes full benefits and offers flexible work hours M-F between 8am-10pm cst/est!
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for end user hardware/software troubleshooting, monitoring and maintenance
- Build, install, support and maintain Windows and Mac desktops and other hardware and software peripherals
- Answer support requests in response to software, hardware, and phone issues and assist in problem resolution
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to problem request tracking system, and end users, via voice mail, e-mail, chat, or in-person communications.
- Responsible for the accurate communication and logging of trouble calls/tickets
- Recognize and resolve routine conflicts in daily production and routine application problems
- Document new and updated processes in Office 365
- Coordinate and install equipment related to personnel additions, moves or changes
- Maintain department software and hardware inventory lists
- Identify and contribute ideas to improve efficiency and workflow processes
- Assist in fulfilling departmental projects
- Commute to and work in an office environment when required
- Requires ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
Who you are:
- You have 2-3 years of corporate experience in a Technical Support position
- You have a diverse technical background and willingness to keep learning new skills
- You are proficient in Office 365 applications and administration
- You have Windows and Mac troubleshooting and support skills, specifically Windows 10 and Big Sur
- You have experience with remote conferencing tools (Microsoft Teams, Zoom)
- You have experience with Quest KACE SMA, Microsoft Endpoint Manager and 8x8 or similar systems, PowerShell scripting skills would be a plus
- You provide superior customer service support, maintain a positive attitude and able to adapt in a fast-paced, growing company
- You are a people person who enjoys helping people to solve their issues
- You are an excellent communicator who’s professional, patient, and empathetic to all Vanco employees needs
- You are responsive and provide a sense of urgency with high degree of accuracy
- You are detail oriented, organized and have strong problem-solving skills
- You have ability to work with and support remote based teams/employees (especially work from home employees)
What we offer:
- 100% Employer Paid Health Insurance HSA or Base Plan, Dental, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays and 4 weeks PTO
- Paid days off to Volunteer
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Competitive benefits and pay
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both outcome and culture
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Join a rapidly growing company that promotes internally
Vanco is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.