At Vanco, we serve those who enrich our communities. Vanco provides businesses, nonprofits, and educational organizations a complete range of payment solutions and administrative software. Our solutions make payment processing simple and ease administrative burdens for faith-based groups, nonprofits, and schools. We are a software payments company for community organizations, and every transaction tells a story.
An important part of who we are is our Vanco Values in Action. At Vanco, our employees:
* Clearly Care
* Own It
* Have Grit
Do you have a passion for coordinating events? Are you energized by finding new ways to delight customers? Are you excited about managing a wide variety of projects and events and contributing to a high performing team at a high growth, fast-paced organization?
Vanco is excited to expand our Marketing team by adding an Event Manager role to support the communities we serve through Faith, Education and Child Care events and tradeshows. This role is based in Bloomington, MN.
As a Marketing team, we bring energy, curiosity, and agility to our process of meeting the needs of our internal teams and customers. Vanco has a company culture that treats clients, partners and each other with the highest level of integrity and respect, and we are enthusiastic about returning to representing our brand at regional and national tradeshows and events, both in person and virtually.
In this role, you will be responsible for planning and executing our presence at dozens of events, for the purpose of representing our brand and generating interest and engagement in the markets we serve. making a difference in the lives of those we serve. The Event Manager will have the opportunity to design and manage internal trainings and client-facing events, such as trade shows and conferences. They will also work with outside vendors and on miscellaneous projects within the Marketing department including sourcing and ordering branded items for give-aways. We want someone who is highly organized, strong written and verbal communication skills, and brings high energy to the team.
We are looking for someone who has had experience in leading planning and logistics for tradeshows and events. This includes coordinating project timelines and deliverables for events that will overlap during planning, visualizing and anticipating needs of the events, training and supporting staff who will be present at the event, and traveling to a subset of events to represent the Vanco brand.
What you’ll be doing:
- Coordinating the strategy, logistics and execution of Vanco’s participation in various regional and national conferences, tradeshows, and events.
- You will be planning, organizing, and executing event participation according to meet our goals and objectives for the event, including driving brand awareness and generating interest in Vanco’s software.
- Ownership of annual planning for Vanco’s event participation across several markets and buyer personas, forecasting budget needs, including anticipating travel, exhibit, and sponsorship and display costs, and sourcing and ordering branded give-away items for events and general Vanco use.
- Coordinating Vanco team participation and working with event coordinators and event vendors for each tradeshow to fully understand the requirements for each event.
- Present our company image professionally and in accordance with brand standards.
- Work with outside parties, (partners and vendors), in coordinating marketing projects as assigned or as needed to support event presence.
- Lead promotional activities that are needed to drive interest and traffic to our event presence, including creating written communications and website content in support of tradeshows & events.
- Ensure event is completed smoothly, stepping up to resolve any problems that might occur.
- Analyze the event’s success (ROI) and prepare required reports.
- Keep up to date on trends in our industry
- Travel and represent our company at events up to 25% travel
- Perform other duties as required
Who you are:
- You are a self-motivated, organization super-star
- You have a minimum of 2-4 years of event management, ideally with a tradeshow exhibiting background.
- You are a computer savvy person undaunted by new software
- You have strong networking and collaboration skills, a customer-service mindset and are a clear communicator
- You have problem-solving in your DNA
- A naturally curious person
- Strong goal orientation and work ethic
- Loves working in a team environment
What we offer:
- 100% Employer Paid Health Insurance HSA or Base Plan, Dental, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays and 4 weeks PTO
- Paid days off to Volunteer
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Competitive benefits and pay
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both outcome and culture
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Join a rapidly growing company that promotes internally
Vanco is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.