- - IT
- Bloomington, MN, USA
- Full Time
At Vanco, our goal is to be the best in the world at specialized payment solutions for select industries and our focus is on meeting our clients' specialized payment needs. We provide the solutions that make it possible to accept credit, debit and other electronic payments securely, seamlessly and easily, benefiting our clients ... and those they serve.
Our technology leads the industry ... and our quality service sets us apart. Vanco's team of professionals are known for their drive, their dedication to what we do and their go-the-extra mile approach to service.
Vanco Values guide our relationships with clients, partners and each other, every day.
• Act with integrity
• Maintain transparency
• Focus on who we serve
• Create a positive workplace
We're able to attract top-level talent'and keep our valued employees happy'by providing a working environment that is productive, positive and professional. We work hard to maintain a culture that fosters teamwork, encourages excellence and inspires growth. And we're dedicated to empowering the people who help us help our clients succeed.
We are seeking a Developer to join our IT team. This position will be responsible for working within Vanco's product development team to develop and maintain our payment processing applications. Vanco's diverse set of applications include web-based front ends, scripted (Python) and server based (Java) application tiers, and SQL (MySQL) databases. The position requires the candidate to support (bug fixes) and develop (enhance) a variety of applications under the guidance of team leadership and management.
Role & Responsibilities
- Focus will be to fix, enhance, document and support Vanco's software applications
- Provide technical expertise on projects, working with team leaders and management
- Recognize and work within product deliverable timelines
- Work in a structured development environment that includes version control and agile development principles
- Must be able to work closely with other Vanco team members
- 2+ years of experience in server-side Java and scripting languages
- Experience in large scale, web-based database driven development environments
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and priorities
- Functional understanding of software development principles
- Ability to apply technology solutions to business problems
- Must have strong multi-tasking capabilities and excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Java Spring, JPA, Groovy, Hibernate, Hazelcast/Redis, Rabbit/Active MQ or other similar tools
- Python scripting
- Experience in payment processing systems or e-commerce
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 133965