Lead Software Engineer
- - IT
- Bloomington, MN, USA
- Full Time
- Employee Healthcare Benefits, Life and AD&D Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, 401(k) Plan
Position: Lead Software Engineer
Department: Information Technology, Product Development Team
Type: Full time, On-site
Location: Bloomington, MN
Experience Needed: 6+ overall years experience
Benefits: Employee Healthcare Benefits, Life and AD&D Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, 401(k) Plan
Who we are: At Vanco, we offer our clients solutions that allow them to accept credit, debit and other electronic payments securely and seamlessly. As a market leader, we work primarily to meet specialized payment needs for more than 20,000 nonprofits and school systems. These values guide our relationships with clients, partners and each other, every day:
- Act with integrity
- Maintain transparency
- Focus on who we serve
- Create a positive workplace
Our company is growing rapidly, and we are adding this position to help design a RESTful API. In this role, you'll get to help with all new development, building code from scratch. In this role, you'll get to help lead two developers and QA and own a project integrating an API into a payment processing platform.
Our team believes in a respectful and collaborative approach to development. We ask questions and give advice and realize our work is better as a team than on our own.
What you'll be doing:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help design, implement and maintain our Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant ecommerce platform. You will get to lead software development projects including requirements review and managing scope. You'll get to collaborate with team members and mentor junior developers.
Who you are:
- Your degree is a BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- You are excited to develop customer-facing web applications using industry leading technologies
- You have lead and/or participated in daily stand-up meetings and other Agile meetings
- You are able to produce technical and functional documentation
- You can analyze a problem and come to a solution
- You are adaptable and flexible in rapidly changing conditions and priorities
- You have excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- You are reliable and accountable for what you do
- You are someone who can identify and initiate next steps in a project for themselves and others
- Overall you have:
- 8 + years overall software development experience
- 4 + years developing web applications
- 4 + years with relational databases, including SQL, TSQL, Entity Framework, database design and best practices
- 4 + years with C#, .NET, MVC and Web development technologies such as Bootstrap and Telerik Kendo UI
- 4 + years working with or designing RESTful APIs
- Solid knowledge of web application security, architecture and software development best practices and principles, including Agile methodologies
It's a bonus if you have experience with test-driven development and unit testing, MS Azure, jQuery, JSON, Git and NodeJS. It would be great if you were familiar with Payment Card Industry standards as well.
What we offer:
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills
- Competitive benefits and pay
- Ability to work on products using new emerging technologies
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Learning opportunities supported by LinkedIn Learning
- Volunteer opportunities organized by the company
- Join a rapidly growing company that promotes internally
Vanco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 147666