Lead QA Automation Engineer
- - IT
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Full Time
Lead QA Automation Engineer
At Vanco, our goal is to be the best in the world at specialized payment solutions for select industries and our focus is on meeting our clients' specialized payment needs. We provide the solutions that make it possible to accept credit, debit and other electronic payments securely, seamlessly and easily, benefiting our clients ... and those they serve.
Our technology leads the industry ... and our quality service sets us apart. Vanco's team of professionals are known for their drive, their dedication to what we do and their go-the-extra mile approach to service.
Vanco Values guide our relationships with clients, partners and each other, every day.
• Act with integrity
• Maintain transparency
• Focus on who we serve
• Create a positive workplace
We're able to attract top-level talent'and keep our valued employees happy'by providing a working environment that is productive, positive and professional. We work hard to maintain a culture that fosters teamwork, encourages excellence and inspires growth. And we're dedicated to empowering the people who help us help our clients succeed.
We are seeking a Lead QA Automation Engineer to join our IT team. This position will be responsible for creating an automation test strategy to improve software quality and performance. This person will work directly with the QA organization to lead the automation initiative by establishing best practices, selecting tools and mentoring team members on the automation process.
• Lead the automation effort by establishing automation best practices for short and long-term project plan goals
• Research and evaluate current automation test tools and recommend new tools as necessary
• Participate in Release/Iteration planning, smoke, feature and regression test planning/execution
• Set up test environments as required, including payments applications
• Create Test Plans for Service Level, Integration, and UI tests
• Build and execute manual & automation smoke, feature, and regression tests
• Contribute to periodic status reports on testing activities (daily, weekly, monthly)
• Be an advocate of "quality-up-front" and support the QA team in achieving our Definition of Done
• Review product owner acceptance criteria and look for functional gaps
• Drive the creation of automated and/or manual test cases
• Collaborate with other teams when needed to maximize our efficient use of automation
• Participate in production releases when necessary
• At least 5 years of software QA experience with emphasis on Automation and Web Services/API testing
• Experience with Jenkins or similar continuous integration systems
• Experience mentoring QA team members on automation best practices
• Strong understanding of Multitenant delivery model and inherent challenges with QA
• Experience with Agile software development methodology, particularly Scrum and Kanban
• Experience writing test plans, test cases, automation scripts, and doing risk analysis prior to product releases
• Experience with performance and load testing and related tools
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Knowledge of database schemas and SQL queries
• Experience with payment processing and/or e-commerce applications
• Experience with J-Meter
• Knowledge of web services tools Postman and SoapUI
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 137741