- - IT
- Bloomington, MN, USA
- Full Time
At Vanco, our goal is to be the best in the world at specialized payment solutions for select industries and our focus is on meeting our clients' specialized payment needs. We provide the solutions that make it possible to accept credit, debit and other electronic payments securely, seamlessly and easily, benefiting our clients ... and those they serve.
Our technology leads the industry ... and our quality service sets us apart. Vanco's team of professionals are known for their drive, their dedication to what we do and their go-the-extra mile approach to service.
Vanco Values guide our relationships with clients, partners and each other, every day.
• Act with integrity
• Maintain transparency
• Focus on who we serve
• Create a positive workplace
We're able to attract top-level talent'and keep our valued employees happy'by providing a working environment that is productive, positive and professional. We work hard to maintain a culture that fosters teamwork, encourages excellence and inspires growth. And we're dedicated to empowering the people who help us help our clients succeed.
We are looking for a capable Security Engineer, who enjoys very detailed security work and possesses both deep and wide expertise in the security space.
You will make things more secure by protecting system boundaries, keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and securing highly sensitive data. Qualified candidates will have a background in security, networking and systems engineering.
- Architect, engineer, implement, manage and monitor security solutions, for the protection of computer systems, networks and data
- Maintain SIEM.
- Perform Vulnerability Scanning.
- Provide WAF rules.
- PII scanning and prevention.
- Maintain Network Security Monitoring and IDS.
- Configure FIM rules.
- Assist with Firewall Policies.
- Assisting with web application security scans.
- Providing information and coordinate with QSA.
- Coordinating Pen Test results with correct teams.
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols and processes
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Provide lead security engineering responses for security incidents
- Provide expert advice and consultancy on remediation of security findings
- Provide training & technical leadership to other resources
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Periodically review firewall policies to ensure an up to date and secure rule set
- Participate in an ongoing 24/7 on-call rotation
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5 Years of experience in IT, 2+ years' experience in Information Security Engineering
- Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer
- Experience working in complex infrastructure environments. Established understanding of the relationships between networked systems, applications & APIs, and users.
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Hands on experience with CENTOS, other Linux flavors
- Hands on experience in the following:
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention systems (IDS/IPS)
- File-Integrity Monitoring (FIM)
- Anti-Virus software
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEMs)
- Web Application Firewalls (WAFs)
- Authentication Systems
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Log Management
- Content Filtering
- Vulnerability Management
- Cloud Security
- Identity and Access Management (SSO)
- Multi Factor Authentication
- Deep level knowledge of networking protocols, TCP/IP
- Linux command line experience
- Ability to script in python and pearl,
- System hardening practices
- Incident response experience
- Web application security knowledge
- PCI-DSS audit experience
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Be familiar with both open source and commercial security solutions
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 142812