Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer
Do you want to help build a DevOps engine that will drive the success of a SaaS payments company? If so, Vanco could use your expertise and has an opening for a Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer to join our Vanco family. We are a growing company aiming to build a world-class DevOps practice including cloud-based Infrastructure-as-Code methodologies, custom CI/CD pipelines, and security as an engineering discipline rather than an afterthought.
We support several custom developed applications that make up our Software-as-a-Service platform in varying states of cloud transition ranging from native cloud from the ground up to on-premises systems needing assessment and migration. As a result, this position has excellent learning opportunities as we support modern applications and migrate others.
This team will work closely with our Chief Architect who will provide mentoring and guidance. This person has extensive experience and a passion for creating a collaborative and transparent work environment.
What you’ll be doing:
The Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer role is crucial to the team as they implement continuous integration automation to build, package, deploy, and test applications in the public cloud. In this role, you will automate deployment of cloud infrastructure, system configurations, and application code. You will work with Infrastructure-as-Code and Configuration-as-Code in a GitOps model to achieve continuous delivery of SaaS applications. You will also be responsible for implementing a rich observability model for these applications including creating monitoring and alerting strategies, implementing system dashboards, and optimizing delivery of notifications to operations staff. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to constantly improve our CI/CD practices to deliver software more quickly and accurately and will be asked to assist with troubleshooting services running in the cloud.
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- You have 3-5 years of experience as a Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer
- You have 3+ years of experience with modern cloud platform providers, including but not limited to Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and AWS
- You are experienced and excited to work with modern DevOps tools and practices
- You have demonstrated skills in teamwork and collaboration
- You gravitate towards a creative problem-solving environment
- You are highly motivated and self-driven
- You find this job posting exciting and think it will be a great fit for you
Qualifications and Experience:
- Azure Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) including AKS, App Services, Key Vault, Application Insights, SQL Database, Cosmos DB, and others
- Understanding of networking concepts including virtual networks, subnets, firewalls, DNS, etc.
- Experienced with building and using Infrastructure-as-Code and GitOps concepts (i.e. ARM templates/AWS Cloud Formation/Terraform/etc.)
- Deep experience with building CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps, Jenkins, TravisCI, Octopus Deploy or similar platforms
- Advanced PowerShell experience
- Security concepts including encryption and key management
- Experienced building monitoring and alerting for cloud-native services
- Experienced with performance analysis and observability
- Some experience with PCI or similar regulatory requirements
What we offer:
- 100% Employer Paid Health Insurance Base Plan, Dental, Vision, Life and ADD Insurance
- Paid Holidays and 4 weeks PTO
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Opportunities to create processes and structure
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both outcome and culture
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Volunteer opportunities organized by the company
- Join a rapidly growing company that promotes internally
At Vanco, we serve those who enrich our communities. Vanco provides businesses, nonprofits and educational organizations a complete range of payment solutions and administrative software. Our solutions make payment processing simple and ease administrative burdens for faith-based groups, nonprofits and schools. We are a software payments company for community organizations, and every transaction tells a story.
An important part of who we are is our Vanco Values in Action. At Vanco, our employees:
- Clearly Care
- Own It
- Have Grit
Vanco is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.