Software Engineer; Shared Services Team
At Vanco, we serve those who enrich our communities. Vanco provides businesses, nonprofits and educational organizations a complete range of payment solutions and administrative software. Our solutions make payment processing simple and ease administrative burdens for faith-based groups, nonprofits and schools. We are a software payments company for community organizations, and every transaction tells a story.
An important part of who we are is our Vanco Values in Action. At Vanco, our employees:
· Clearly Care
· Own It
· Have Grit
Due to our growth, Vanco is looking for a Software Engineer to join a New Shared Services team. The Shared Services team will use modern cloud and mobile technologies to build mobile and web applications, frameworks and apis that can be shared across the Vanco Product Portfolio as well as used by external partners. In this role, you would join our collaborative, forward-thinking development team that supports our Education, Non-Profit and Faith-Based products.
As a Software Engineer within this team, you will write, test, and document code according to Vanco's engineering standards and practices using industry leading technologies that delights our customers both old and new. You will work with the entire Product Team in an Agile environment to ensure alignment of priorities and increments of value are ready to deliver each sprint. You will debug and fix production and other issues.
At Vanco, we encourage all our Engineers to collaborate with and contribute to team activities with other developers inside the team, while promoting a mindset of continuous improvement and embracing change. We foster a learning environment and challenge our employees to keep growing their skills!
What you’ll be doing:
- Works closely with the Product Owner and the Product Team to understand and scope the story objectives and context
- Works closely with Quality Assurance Engineers and Product Owners to refine acceptance criteria and ensure the product is tested successfully
- Collaborates with, understands, and provides input into DevOps principles to ensure CI/CD pipeline is secure and scalable
- Supports TechOps to debug and offers tactical low risks fixes of any critical or high priority issues
- Collaborates with, learns from developers inside the team to ensure high code and application quality including code reviews, pairing, refining code standards, etc.
- Anticipates and communicates roadblocks and helps remove roadblocks when asked
- Writes code according to acceptance criteria in a user story and adhering to coding best practices
- Writes unit tests to the level of satisfactory defined by the dev team
- Participates in code reviews and/or pair programming
- Tests code changes on local system to ensure quality
Who you are:
- You have 1-3yrs of coding experience in the workplace using .NET and React, or a combination thereof
- Basic ability to debug non-code issues (OS, DB, network, security, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of data modeling and writing performant functional DB queries and the ability to mentor team members in this area
- You have a basic knowledge of security principles and how to proactively avoid and/or resolve them and the ability to mentor team members in this area
- You have a basic understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) and software development best practices, including Agile methodology
- You actively participate in definition of team values and retrospectives
- You take ownership of your work and responsible for your actions
- You understand and provide input on priorities to ensure the team is successful and communicate risks to timelines and expectations
- You display and encourage a mindset of continuous improvement and are adaptable to changing conditions and priorities
- You understand and can communicate to non-technical people criticality of defects, roadblocks, security vulnerabilities, and degradation of application performance
- You effectively analyze complex problems within a product suite, perform risk and impact analysis, and identify solutions by balancing the competing interests of simplicity, thoroughness, consistency, and innovation
- You are able to effectively balance multiple products at various stages of development
- You can work independently as well as in a group setting
What we offer:
- 100% Employer Paid Health Insurance HSA or Base Plan, Dental, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays and 4 weeks PTO
- Paid days off to Volunteer
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Competitive benefits and pay
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both outcome and culture
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Join a rapidly growing company that promotes internally
Vanco is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Reference #: 726595