- - IT
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Full Time
Sr. Systems Engineer
At Vanco, our goal is to be the best in the world at specialized payment solutions for select industries and our focus is on meeting our clients' specialized payment needs. We provide the solutions that make it possible to accept credit, debit and other electronic payments securely, seamlessly and easily, benefiting our clients ... and those they serve.
Our technology leads the industry ... and our quality service sets us apart. Vanco's team of professionals are known for their drive, their dedication to what we do and their go-the-extra mile approach to service.
Vanco Values guide our relationships with clients, partners and each other, every day.
• Act with integrity
• Maintain transparency
• Focus on who we serve
• Create a positive workplace
We're able to attract top-level talent'and keep our valued employees happy'by providing a working environment that is productive, positive and professional. We work hard to maintain a culture that fosters teamwork, encourages excellence and inspires growth. And we're dedicated to empowering the people who help us help our clients succeed.
We are seeking a Systems Engineer to join our IT team. This position will be responsible for ensuring near 100% service uptime, implementing systems, maintaining our high security environment (including PCI/DSS), managing systems at multiple co-location data centers, and working with related tools. This position is critical to Vanco's success and requires a highly motivated individual with strong technical skills.
Role & Responsibilities
• Focus will be to protect mission critical systems, services, applications and infrastructure
• Proactively monitor Vanco systems to ensure optimal performance
• Provide technical expertise on projects for resolution of high priority/high visibility production incidents
• Research and development of new and emerging system level best practices
• Provide infrastructure vision, enable innovation and leverage IT trends that can create business value consistent with the firm's requirements and expectations
• Must be able to work closely with other Vanco team members
• Availability for delivery of 24/7 service operations
• Analyze system trends and ensure effectiveness
• Work within and maintain high security environment, including PCI/DSS
• 5+ years of experience with highly virtualized environments, specifically VMWare enterprise, Linux (CentOS) and Storage
• Experience in large scale database driven environments, specifically MySQL.
• Demonstrated critical thinking and problem resolution
• An understanding of the interdependent relationship between infrastructure, information security and the applications/services they enable
• Persuasive, professional communication style. Capable of communicating complex, technical topics to a wide variety of audiences.
• Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and priorities
• Functional understanding of project management principles and their application to infrastructure projects and teams.
• Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems
• Must have strong multi-tasking capabilities and excellent written and spoken communication skills.
• Experience in payment processing and PCI/DSS compliance
• Experience with monitoring tools, specifically Nagios
• Knowledge of Java and Python and other scripting languages
• System Auditing, Logging and Integrity monitoring services (native and 3rd party)
• Knowledge of Katello, Puppet, and Ansible
• Understanding and knowledge of System Mangement Tools (ie, OpManage, Nagios)
• In-Depth Knowledge of Load Balancers (A10, F5, Citrix)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 137739