Technical Lead Software Engineer - Vanco Mobile
At Vanco, we serve those who enrich our communities. Vanco provides businesses, nonprofits and educational organizations a complete range of payment solutions and administrative software. Our solutions make payment processing simple and ease administrative burdens for faith-based groups, nonprofits and schools. We are a software payments company for community organizations, and every transaction tells a story.
An important part of who we are is our Vanco Values in Action. At Vanco, our employees:
* Clearly Care
* Own It
* Have Grit
Currently, Vanco is looking for a Technical Lead Software Engineer; Mobile React Native to join our Next Generation Vanco Mobile team. Next Generation Vanco Faith eGiving products use modern cloud and mobile technologies to allow churches to connect with their communities. In this role, you would join our collaborative, forward-thinking development team that supports our Faith-Based products.
In this role, you are responsible for the technical excellence of software developed by an Agile scrum team. They assure architectural qualities are implemented within the code using simple, consistent, reusable, and testable design patterns. They work with the entire Product Team in an Agile environment to ensure alignment of priorities and increments of value are ready to deliver each sprint.??They champion coding standards, unit testing, paired programming and code reviews. They also mentor, train and coach team members in these areas and are seen as a respected and respectful leader on the team.
Our Tech Leads also establishes standardized methodologies and champions Agile-focused approaches to the Software Development Life Cycle to encourage a mindset of continuous improvement and embracing change. They are responsible for effectively analyzing complex problems and be recognized as a subject matter expert in multiple areas of the product suite performing risk and impact analysis and recommend solutions by balancing the competing interests of simplicity, thoroughness, consistency, and innovation. They have an advanced level of understanding of multiple products and able to analyze how new features and functionality will impact customers, the application, the system, and nonadjacent applications. They understand and will communicate with various levels of leadership the risks to timelines and expectations and will lead and direct technical design for products that affect their own team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Understand, champion, mentor team on architectural qualities, design patterns, coding and testing best practices.
- Understand and help shape DevOps and Security principles to ensure application code and CI/CD pipeline is secure and scalable?
- Work closely with the Product Owner and the Product Team to understand, scope and define the story objectives and context?
- Work closely with Quality Assurance Engineers and Product Owners to define and refine acceptance criteria and ensure the product is tested successfully?
- Supports SRE in troubleshooting production issues and recommends tactical low risk fixes balanced against long term fixes for any critical or high priority issues?
- Identifies needs for, develops, maintains, reviews, and approves technical and non-technical documentation?
- Proactively helps remove roadblocks for the team
- Writes code according to acceptance criteria in a user story and defines and adheres to coding best practices ?
- Define patterns for, review, and write and champion unit tests to the level of satisfactory defined by the dev team?
- Mentors, trains, and coaches on writing high quality code and unit tests?
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years of recent development experience with React Native technologies
- You have 5+ years of overall mobile development experience; React Native and Mobile Native technologies
- You have at least 5+ years leading and mentoring a software development team, preferably in the mobile space
- You have 2+ years of development experience in the workplace using .NET and React or a combination there of
- You have proficient knowledge of data modeling and writing performant functional DB queries
- You have proficient knowledge of security principles and how to proactively avoid and/or resolve them
- You have proficient understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) and software development best practices, including Agile methodology
- You have previous experience working with multiple products within a product suite and can analyze how new features/functionality will impact customers, the application, the system, and nonadjacent applications
- Experience with APIs and Microservices with a variety of web services (REST and HTTP cache-semantics) is a plus
What we offer:
- 100% Employer Paid Health Insurance HSA or Base Plan, Dental, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays and 4 weeks PTO
- Paid days off to Volunteer
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Competitive benefits and pay
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both outcome and culture
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Join a rapidly growing company that promotes internally
Vanco is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Reference #: 649231